How to convince your entire organisation that they should engage in the assessment process

Options
RoryDunne
RoryDunne Member Posts: 2 Together Newcomer 🌟

A challenge I'm seeing come up is HR and people teams is embedding usage of our platform within their current employee base. Ultimately it comes down to the question, from any given employee at a company: 'why should I bother? What's in it for me? What are the potential downsides'

These are all reasonable questions to ask and I had a few pointers on how to overcome this:

• executive sponsorship
    • if your senior leadership believe in this, they can drive things forward
  • management enablement
    • in turn, the manager's role is crucial in deploying the vision of the exec. If they live, breathe and have experienced the process themselves, they can advocate for it
  • communicate the benefits
    • for the everyday employee, the benefits of engaging with a program like this are many:
      • understand themselves better, understand their own working patterns and patterns of engagement, and what that means for success in their roles
      • understand what drives high performance - giving clearer guidance on development areas and giving them greater chances of success in the future
      • higher quality conversations with their manager - based around their own preferences, understanding what drives success
      • greater understanding of others within their org - have better, more respectful, empathetic conversations which lead to more successful outcomes for everyone

Curious to hear if anyone would add anything here.

Comments

• Simone Da Ponte
    Simone Da Ponte Moderator Posts: 4 mod
    Options

Very good points! I think many people severely underestimate the power (and ROI!) of investing in their employee base. I read some interesting researches recently:

According to Gallup, about 1 in 5 employees currently feel miserable at work. That is more than just disengaged or unsatisfied, no, they feel miserable. Many attribute it to not feeling supported and heard in their organization. Interestingly, a lack of regular corrective (aka 'negative') feedback is often cited as the reason that employees feel stuck (harvard business review). This is interesting, because at the same time, 69% of managers have reported to struggle to communicate with their employees, especially when it concerns any type of feedback.

This is quite concerning, because it is estimated that by 2030 about two-thirds of all jobs will be soft skill-intensive (Deloitte, 2017). They even found that developing employees to have more soft skills could increase revenue by more than $90,000! And guess how you can develop these best? Through meaningful conversations and constructive feedback (followed by training where needed). Further, employees who feel their voice is heard in the workplace are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered and deliver their best work.

I thought these findings were very interesting, especially when considering the question 'why should I bother', because there seem to be pretty clear and big reasons to!

• Manie Prinsloo
    Manie Prinsloo Member Posts: 2 Together Newcomer 🌟
    Options

Really like your insights on overcoming this hurdle.

I'd like to add that fostering a culture of continuous learning can significantly enhance employee buy-in, especially with Perform. Having that immediate feedback and insights on your profiles can contributes to personal and professional growth.

Additionally, providing clear examples or success stories from within the organisation can serve as a powerful motivator. Real-life instances and case studies on how using the platform has led to improved performance, career advancement, or enhanced collaboration can demonstrate the tangible benefits to employees and managers.

Overall, a combination of executive sponsorship, effective management enablement, and open communication about the tangible benefits can pave the way for successful adoption.