Aptitude and Leadership - is there a connection?

Kira van Niekerk
Kira van Niekerk Member Posts: 1 Together Newcomer 🌟

Hi Thomas Together! I was having a really interesting discussion with one of our clients and was wondering, does anyone have any experience or thoughts around using aptitude / GIA results in your leadership development?

Personally, I could see it being really useful to increase self awareness around how a leader may work through information / reason and the impact that has on their teams, but would love to know your thoughts πŸ’‘

Tagged:

Best Answer

• AlexC
    AlexC Member Posts: 2 Together Newcomer 🌟
    Answer βœ“

What an interesting question, Kira. We know how important it is for leaders to inspire and motivate rather than 'direct and tell' people (the old-fashioned way!), and I agree that this would be another cool dimension to use to generate and enhance self-awareness. I'm thinking about Word Meaning scores in communication, and how important it is that a leader can modify their behaviour to ensure that they bring everyone along with them (particularly when imparting their vision, and engaging a workforce by bringing clarity to how the work they do contributes to strategic deliverables).